DAPHNE, Ala. (WKRG) — Restaurant employees refused to serve Daphne Police, according to a credible source. News 5 was told the officers went to Five Guys to eat after court. A group of employees turned their backs on the officers. One of the employees could be overheard saying “I’m not serving them.” The source said the officers walked out and went to another restaurant.
Daphne Mayor Dane Haygood released the following in response to our story Wednesday morning:
“My office is aware the story reported on WKRG. We have been put the Daphne Police Department in touch with ownership of the establishment in order to understand what occurred and circumstances surrounding the event. We love our PD in the City of Daphne, Alabama – “The Jubilee City” and certainly hope that our officers were not refused service. I am offering to buy these five officers their next meal. Who else wants to follow suit to show our support and appreciation for our men & women in blue?”
- Deputies say woman stuffed cellphones, drugs into her underwear in prison smuggling scheme
- Video shows fighter’s incredible knockout kick in first-ever MMA fight
- Man dies in home explosion
- How to complete ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ in the shortest time possible
- How to win ‘The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time’ in 15 minutes