BATON ROUGE, La. (LOCAL 33)(FOX 44)- Southern University is now the first Historically Black College to launch its own line of hemp products called ALAFIA.
The university partnered with Ilera Holistic Healthcare to create a CBD-infused tincture oil that can be used in accordance with prescription orders. Spokespersons from both organizations came officially launched the line at H&W Drug Store Dispensary in New Orleans on Thursday.
During the press conference, Dr. Chanda Macias, the CEO of Ilera Holistic Healthcare revealed that proceeds from the product’s release will be used to help small businesses, education, and people negatively impacted by the War on Drugs policy.
You can buy these products at these locations:
- H & W Drug Store: 1667 Tchoupitoulas Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
- Capitol Wellness Solutions: 7491 Picardy Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Green Leaf Dispensary: 6048 W. Park Avenue, Houma, LA 70364
- The Apothecary Shoppe: 620 Guilbeau Road, Suite A, Lafayette, LA 70506
- Medicis: 1727 Imperial Blvd., Building 4, Lake Charles, LA 70605
- The Medicine Cabinet Pharmacy: 403 Bolton Avenue, Alexandria, LA 71301
- Hope Pharmacy: 1410 Kings Highway, Suite A, Shreveport, LA 71103
- Willow Pharmacy: 1519 Highway 22 West, Suite 5, Madisonville, LA 70447