BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — All Southern University students planning to live on-campus for the Spring 2021 semester must show a recent negative COVID-19 test result, prior to move-in day on Jan. 19.
In a social media post by the university’s Student Government Association, specific criteria must also be met.
- The test administered must be either a PCR or molecular type diagnostic test. More information on these two types of diagnostic exams may be found on the Food and Drug Administration website. (A rapid antigen or antibody test will not be accepted.)
- The test must be administered between Jan. 7-12.
- Results must be emailed to StudentHealthCenter@subr.edu no later than 5 p.m., Jan. 15. Make sure to include the following information: student name, U number, date of birth, phone number, assigned housing location and room number.
- Students will receive an email in return stating that they are cleared for move-in on Jan. 19.
Any student who fails to follow the above guidelines should call the Student Health Center at (225) 771-4770 and speak to a staff member. Interim off-campus housing may be required, at the student’s expense.
- What lies ahead for the impeachment process against Trump?
- Raising Canes voted as one of the ‘Best Places to Work’ despite COVID-19 challenges
- Dramatic images show bus hanging off New York City overpass; driver refuses drug test
- ‘We want to sound the alarm:’ CDC warns more infectious COVID strain may become dominant in US
- DC takes ‘aggressive posture’ on security ahead of Inauguration Day