BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The St. George Fire Protection District has earned a “Class 1” rating, the highest level of fire department recognition designated by the Property Insurance Association of Louisiana.
PIAL gave the fire department this distinction after evaluating aspects of fire department readiness, operations, communications and water supply, according to a St. George Fire press release.
“As a result, fire insurance premiums for all residential and commercial properties in the St. George Fire Protection District may be lowered,” the release reveals. “The degree of which depends upon each fire insurance company.”
- Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office investigating deadly shooting
- COVID-19 Vaccine and Diabetes: What to expect?
- Thursday Night: Fog and rain tonight; Numerous showers this Friday
- Democrats support President Joe Biden’s executive orders, Republicans critical of changes
- Beware COVID-19 scams: Here’s what to look for