St. George Fire saves “Missy Strawberry” the puppy while responding to a kitchen fire


Photo of Missy Strawberry the Puppy-Photo from St, George Fire Department

When St. George Fire Department (SGF) was dispatched on Friday to 16618 Woodlawn Acres, firefighters found a house full of smoke due to a kitchen fire. But they also found one cute little resident who needed some help.

The first units arrived at 3:34 p.m., and the fire was declared under control at 3:47 p.m. According to SGF, the resident thought well to throw a damp towel over the burning pot. There were no injuries.

While doing a full search of the home, firefighters discovered a puppy struggling to breathe in the smoke. The pup, named “Missy Strawberry” by a five year old resident of the home, was saved and brought outside. The five year old was with her grandmother at the time of the fire. The fresh air and water she was given did Missy Strawberry some good. The puppy was considered well.

The cause of the fire was ruled unattended cooking, and the damage was assessed at less than $5,ooo.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories