LAPLACE, La. (WGNO) – The St. John the Baptist Parish school district is using a phased-in approach to bring students back under phase 3 guidelines.
Beginning November 9, students in pre-k through third grade will continue a full time Monday to Friday schedule, while fourth through twelfth graders will be in person Monday to Thursday, and virtual on Fridays.
Parents who do not want to send their kids back have until October 30 to opt-in to full time virtual learning.
- FEMA deadline to register for Hurricane Laura is Friday, Nov. 27
- Second stimulus checks: Economists urge new round of $1,200 payments to Americans
- With most turkey trots canceled, here’s a free Thanksgiving morning workout
- Interactive map: County-by-county COVID risk assessment heading into Thanksgiving
- Severe Alert: Marginal Risk for severe storms on Wednesday; Wet stretch of weather through the holiday weekend