OPELOUSAS, La. (KLFY) The St. Landry Parish Animal Shelter has temporarily closed its doors to the public.
Public Information Officer Van Reed said the shelter will be closed until further notice due to workers being quarantined by COVID-19.
Reed did not give a time frame on how long the shelter would remain closed.
He said the shelter will accept emergency calls at 337-948-6184.
- BRPD investigating deadly shooting on Prescott Rd., ‘shooter released pending further investigation’
- District attorney in Louisiana under fire for transferring funds to nonprofit organization
- Audubon Zoo announces birth of critically endangered Sumatran orangutan
- BRPD investigating shooting death of local man on North 12th St.
- Louisiana drivers could see an uptick in potholes after winter season