BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — St. Vincent de Paul will host its social-distanced 11th Annual Community Turkey Carving Contest Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. at the St. Vincent de Paul Dining Room located at 220 St. Vincent de Paul Place.
Community leaders including East Baton Rouge Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome and East Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar Moore III will compete in the contest, according to a Society of St. Vincent de Paul press release.
St. Vincent de Paul and its volunteers will serve to-go Thanksgiving meals Thursday at two locations: a walk-thru at the St. Vincent de Paul Dining Room from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and a drive-thru at the Raising Cane’s River Center at the St. Phillip Street entrance from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
All food recipients are required to wear masks, according to the press release.
For more information, visit svdpbr.org or call (225) 383-7837.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration