BAKER, La. (BRPROUD) – The City of Baker School System is making the decision to keep kids at home this week.
Students will not be playing though as classes will be held online.
The City of Baker School System released this statement:
The City of Baker School System classes will operate from home during the storm this week.
Assignments will be posted for the week; teachers will be sensitive to students connectivity during storm conditions which may impact electricity.
Students shall not be penalized for assignments doing this period.
All essential staff members shall remain home through Wednesday. If teachers need to pickup personal items it shall be coordinated through their principals.
Facility managers shall secure the properties for potential flooding.
The City of Baker School System shall continue to provide updates as the weather situation develops.
- Vote America makes push on Nat’l Voter Registration Day
- Push is on to get people registered to vote ahead of November election
- Mnuchin and Powell on pandemic progress: US economy is improving, but still fragile
- LSU Police are investigating fraternity hazing allegations
- Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control serves emergency suspensions for ‘non compliant business practices’