BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A tradition in the Capital City is going virtual in 2021 because of the coronavirus.
This is the first time that the yearly SU Ag Center Livestock and Poultry Show is going virtual.
The SU Ag Center released this statement with details about the decision:
Upon the recommendation of the administration, the Southern University Ag Center will host a Virtual Livestock Experience for 2021 instead of the traditional Livestock and Poultry Show. Animals will not be a requirement to participate in this upcoming event. To keep our exhibitors, supporters, and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, this Virtual Experience is the best way to accomplish this goal. We appreciate your willingness and cooperation with this matter and look forward to sharing more information soon.
This is the 78th edition of the livestock and poultry show.
- GM to recall 7 million vehicles worldwide to replace Takata air bags
- Livingston man arrested for barn, vehicle fires, State Fire Marshal reports
- Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol
- As you look for this season’s hottest toys, beware of scams
- New details about Joe Burrow’s injury reveal “more damage than anticipated”