Superdome will be blocked off to fans on Sunday
NEW ORLEANS, La. (WDSU) – The Mercedez-Benz Superdome will be blocked off to fans on Sunday when the NFL Saints open the season against the Tampa Bay Bucs.
NOPD officers will be working paid off-duty details in and around the facility for security.
Here’s a statement from the Superdome.
“This is a reminder that no fans are allowed on the Mercedes-Benz Superdome campus for Sunday’s Saints game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Champions Square and areas around the Smoothie King Center will be barricaded to all fans. The parking garages and ramps leading up the Plaza area will also be closed off and no tailgating will be permitted on the Superdome property. We understand the excitement and fervor to be near the game but given the current guidelines we must ask that everyone adhere to these restrictions.”
- Second annual “Ultimate Tailgate” doubles as pop-up shop for local businesses
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead
- New Orleans restaurants can once again serve alcoholic beverages through drive-thru, takeout and curbside pickup
- District 11 Candidate: Gordon “Trey” Bargas
- Fake News: A look at what didn’t happen last week