ASCENSION PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) Ascension Public Schools are in the process of creating a new high school in Prairieville and they want the community involved.
The school board has recommended the new school to be named ‘Prairieville High School’, along with choosing school colors and a mascot.
To continue the process, the school board wants the community to help make a final decision on the new high school by completing a survey.
The new high school’s mascot choices are: hurricanes, patriots, or pelicans.
The school color choices are: navy, green, and powder blue; red, white, and blue; or orange, navy, and powder blue.
Below are images of how the colors would look on uniforms.
Ascension Parish residents can complete this survey and provide their input for the new Prairieville school.
The Ascension Parish School Board says the goal is to finalize everything by the 2023-24 school year.
- Co-founder of Bizzy Bunch preschool named honorary sheriff in Ascension Parish
- Ochsner talking about children as young as 12 being able to get the Pfizer COVID vaccine
- PHOTOS: Bear has close call on utility poles
- More than 1,000 gas stations in the Southeast report running out of fuel thanks to panic-buying
- Deputies say woman stuffed cellphones, drugs into her underwear in prison smuggling scheme