BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — On Friday, an East Feliciana Parish sheriff’s deputy shot a suspect dead after he allegedly refused verbal commands from the deputy and brandished a gun, according to Louisiana State Police, which is investigating the incident.
LSP’s initial investigation reveals that, shortly before midnight, the Norwood Police Department responded to a domestic disturbance call on Shady Grove Lane and requested assistance from EFPSO. As law enforcement officers made contact with the unnamed suspect, the suspect allegedly ignored a responding deputy’s verbal commands and brandished a gun.
The deputy shot the suspect, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
No EFPSO deputies or Norwood officers were injured.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Louisiana politician’s ad, ‘The next time you get in trouble, call a crackhead,’ garners attention
- Local family partners with Southern University for second annual Bullying & Suicide Awareness runway show
- Ascension deputy arrested for DWI, suspended from duties
- Supreme Court to hear case that could have massive impact on US water quality
- Are these pumpkin spice creations too extreme?