BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — On Friday, an East Feliciana Parish sheriff’s deputy shot a suspect dead after he allegedly refused verbal commands from the deputy and brandished a gun, according to Louisiana State Police, which is investigating the incident.
LSP’s initial investigation reveals that, shortly before midnight, the Norwood Police Department responded to a domestic disturbance call on Shady Grove Lane and requested assistance from EFPSO. As law enforcement officers made contact with the unnamed suspect, the suspect allegedly ignored a responding deputy’s verbal commands and brandished a gun.
The deputy shot the suspect, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
No EFPSO deputies or Norwood officers were injured.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Nikki Haley expected to announce 2024 bid on Feb. 15: reports
- ‘Dr. Phil’ to end after 21 seasons on daytime television
- East Baton Rouge School Board President addresses school fights, resulting in new security measures
- ‘Dances With Wolves’ actor arrested in Nevada sex abuse case
- Pink pigeon found in NYC may have been dyed for gender reveal