(CNN) – Sy Sperling, the founder of Hair Club for Men, has died at the age of 78.
The company’s vice president said Speling passed away in Boca Raton, Florida on Wednesday after a lengthy illness.
Sperling created Hair Club for Men in 1976 after experiencing hair loss himself.
In his TV commercials, which aired in the 1980s, the businessman pitched hair restoration with the tag line, “I’m not only the hair club president, but I’m also a client.”
Sperling sold his company and retired in 2000.
- Does Louisiana owe you money? State treasury mails $4M in unclaimed property checks
- Monday: Rising temperatures; Daily rain chance
- Baton Rouge City Court to remain closed through April 30th
- Medical experts provide tips on how to sanitize your home amid covid-19 outbreak
- Democrats propose ways to oversee Trump administration’s response to COVID-19