AUSTIN (KXAN) — Drive-thru wine and cheese?
Beginning Wednesday, some Canadian Taco Bell customers will be able to pair a new dark red wine with the restaurant’s Toasted Cheesy Chalupa.
In a release, CNN reports, Taco Bell Canada says that the “rich taste and crunchy texture of the beloved Toasted Cheesy Chalupa complements notes of wild strawberry, cherry and beetroot in this silky limited-edition red wine.”
Taco Bell says the wine is a collector’s item and will have three different bottle labels. The price is about $19 U.S.
The Ontario-produced noir will not sadly not be available for U.S. customers once the chalupa hits American menus in November. Taco Bell recently announced a mass menu shakeup, dropping some old favorites — like its Mexican Pizza — to make way for new options.
- Little League teams forced to drop out of nationwide tournament due to vaccine requirement
- Shock G, ‘Humpty Hump’ of Digital Underground found dead in Tampa
- Remember this? ‘Me at the Zoo’; first YouTube video posted 16 years ago today, watch it here
- ‘Don’t make me hurt you more’: Video shows officer shove, hit teen with autism
- Watch: Dog steals first place in high school relay race