LOCKPORT, La. (WDSU)—Louisiana State Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a teenage bicyclist.
The crash happened around 7 p.m. Friday on LA 308 near Linda Street.
Michael Guidry, 17, died in the collision.
Investigators said Guidry was trying to cross LA 308 when an SUV approached the area while exiting a curve in the road. The driver tried to avoid a crash but was unsuccessful, according to authorities.
Guidry was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the SUV was not hurt.
State police said a toxicology report will be conducted on Guidry, which is standard procedure.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Families hope loved ones can be found alive in capsized boat
- Head of Tokyo Olympics again says games will not be canceled
- Louisiana lawmakers weigh medical marijuana expansion, tax
- Officer dislocates shoulder of woman with dementia after she ‘forgets’ to pay $14 for groceries: lawsuit
- ‘Terrible reminder that life is fragile:’ LSU president mourns deaths of 2 students