BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Baton Rouge Police Department arrested a teenager Saturday night after the juvenile allegedly accidentally fired a gun, killing a 22-year-old man.
St. Francisville resident Keyandre Gilmore was reportedly showing the teen a firearm when the teen took hold of the gun and accidentally fired it, according to BRPD spokesperson Sgt. Don Coppola Jr.
The teen shot Gilmore around 7 p.m. at a Coursey Boulevard apartment, and Gilmore was transported to a local hospital, where he died.
Police booked the juvenile into the East Baton Rouge Juvenile Detention Center on a negligent homicide charge.
- Two Baton Rouge women take on the trash problem
- Tigers post wins over Youngstown State and Nicholls on Saturday
- Saturday Night: Seasonable pattern; Some rainy days
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year
- AP: Louisiana State Police trooper kicked, dragged Black man who died in custody