Koverias Garner aka “Juice” is facing multiple charges after the 17-year-old was apprehended on February 4.
EBRSO said, Garner is “a suspect in the First Degree Murder and Home Invasion of Gervonte Taplin, and Attempted First Degree Murder of a 10-year-old juvenile victim which occurred on Christmas Eve.”
Garner had a handgun when the arrest was made on Tuesday.
After the suspect was read his Miranda rights, “Koverias admitted to his role in the aforementioned Homicide and Home Invasion,” according to the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office.
Koverias Garner is currently in the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison and faces these charges:
- 14:30 First Degree Murder
- 14:27/30 Attempted First Degree Murder
- 14:62.8 Home Invasion
- 14:94 Illegal Use of a Weapon
- 14:95.8 Illegal Possession of a Handgun a Juvenile
- 14:69 Illegal Possession of Stolen