BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Baton Rouge Fire Department has ruled a house fire that broke on Sunday on Terrace Avenue an arson.
Firefighters arrived to find the back of the house engulfed in flames, which had started to ignite the house beside it. Firefighters controlled the blaze before it could significantly damage the neighboring home, according to BRFD spokesperson Curt Monte.
No one was living in the house at 1706 Terrace Ave. when the fire broke out, and no civilians or firefighters were injured.
The house sustained about $50,000 in damages, according to Monte.
- Louisiana woman charged with criminal mischief after deputies found her asleep in her vehicle with a stack of mail not addressed to her
- Louisiana police lieutenant accused of soliciting sex from woman involved in crash
- Turtle crashes through windshield, hits passenger in head; both OK
- Earth Day: Great for outdoors today; Strong storm threat late Friday – early Saturday
- Long Island acid attack: College student doused in face in ‘heinous’ crime