COOKEVILLE, Tenn. (WNCN) — With many across the country sharing their support for the victims of recent tornadoes that ravaged Nashville, Tennessee, a young boy in the community is doing his part to help out.
According to a Facebook post by Susan Stout Dyer, her 3-year-old grandson Dax was pictured riding through the Prosperity Point neighborhood in Cookeville on Friday — an area where many homes were destroyed.
When Dax was asked why he would do such a thing, he responded ” He told me ‘he had to come work to help his neighbors with their broken houses’ because ‘that’s what God wants us to do,'” according to his grandmother’s post.
In the photos you can see his hammer and other tools strapped to the back of his trike.
Go Dax, go!
- Families left homeless outside Laura’s disaster zones struggle to find aid
- ACLU of Louisiana files brief supporting refugee facing anti-LGBTQ violence in Ghana
- Second annual “Ultimate Tailgate” doubles as pop-up shop for local businesses
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead
- New Orleans restaurants can once again serve alcoholic beverages through drive-thru, takeout and curbside pickup