(WNCN) — How cool do you keep your home? Does that temperature change through the seasons? What do you prefer?
Well, according to Energy Star, the federal program from the DOE and the Environmental Protection Agency, said the coolest you should keep your home is 78 degrees when you’re home.
The program lists different settings for when you’re away or working.
The Energy Star program recommends setting it at 85 degrees. When you’re sleeping, set the thermostat at 82 degrees.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, you should keep your home at 78 degrees while you’re there. Ceiling fans are also recommended, but they note that fans cool people, not entire rooms.
- Newsfeed Now for September 18: Nail salon confrontation goes viral; K-State random act of kindness
- One year old dies after possibly ingesting lighter fluid
- Man arrested for allegedly beating a boy for spilling baby formula
- Suspect involved in Louisiana cocaine ring sentenced to more that 12 years in prison
- Woman accused of throwing TV remote at boy charged with child abuse