ATLANTA, Ga. (BRPROUD) – A dozen local students received scholarships through the Burger King Foundation.
The scholarship recipients are listed below:
- CALEB WOODS, Catholic High School
- DANIYA RICHARD, Madison Preparatory Academy
- EMMA MIRANDA, Albany High School
- IVANEISHA LEE, Denham Springs High School
- JADA GOODLOW, East Ascension High School
- JAMES FLOTTE, Central Private School
- JONATHAN WU, Baton Rouge Magnet High School
- KAITLYN MIER, Central High School
- KE’MIJEAH MITCHELL, Broadmoor Senior High School
- LAUREN DALE, Central Private School
- LAYLA GEISSLER, Springfield High School
- MORGAN AUZINE, The Dunham School
The 12 local scholars are among 270 students who were awarded scholarships.
“Setting and exceeding goals are core values at GPS Hospitality, and we have 270 scholars who are on their way to achieving their goals,” said Michael Lippert, President of GPS Hospitality. “Supporting their academic journey is an honor not only for me, but for the countless team members whose efforts with our generous guests converted $1 donations into $270,000 in scholarship funding. Kudos to our restaurant teams for their amazing work.”
Graduating high school seniors are eligible for this scholarship which looks at these areas:
- Grade point average
- Impact the applicants have on their schools and communities through volunteerism and work experience
This is the 21st year that the Burger King Foundation has awarded scholarships to graduating high school seniors.
If you know someone who would like to apply for the 2022 version of this scholarship, visit BK Scholars.