BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Six children and three adults safely escaped a house on Ritterman Avenue in Baton Rouge after it caught on fire just before 3 a.m. on Sunday.
Within 9 minutes, firefighters from the Baton Rouge Fire Department controlled the blaze, which caused $35,000 in damages, according to BRFD spokesperson Justin Hill.
Firefighters determined the cause of the fire was a pot left unattended on the stove, and firefightrs contained the fire to the kitchen area of the home.
Other parts of the home received smoke and water damage, and the Red Cross was called to assist the occupants, according to Hill.
- Baton Rouge Metro Council District 12 election: Who is Jen Racca?
- Walmart to eliminate $35 free shipping minimum for Walmart+ members
- Health care workers go on strike, demand protection against virus
- Family on way to Christmas Tree Lane struck by train, child killed
- Hospitals dealing with nationwide shortage of nurses