BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A comforting meal known for offering the perfect blend of crunchy textures and juicy flavors is a favorite among foodies from Brazil to Austria.
Fried chicken is popular in homes across the globe for good reason. It’s a straight-forward dish that can be adapted to the wide-range tastes of various cultures.
For example, while some authentic Middle Eastern fried chicken may include a rich blend of savory spices like curry and chili powder, the Korean version of the dish is known for its sweetness.
But the version that most people in the U.S. are familiar with is American-style fried chicken.
It’s believed to have roots in both Scottish and African culture, and is believed to be the product of enslaved African-Americans cooks who seasoned the chicken with West African spices and created a taste that was new to the states.
What is the #1 preferred brand of fried chicken in Louisiana?
The best fried chicken chain in America is Jollibee Chickenjoy, according to Eater.com, and Mashed narrowed the most popular fried chicken joint in Louisiana down to Willie Mae’s Scotch House in New Orleans.
The top three fried chicken joints in Baton Rouge
1/ Triplet’s Blue Store
Triplet’s Blue Store chicken earns the top spot. According to its website, Triplet’s offers “comforting and delicious soul food” and fried chicken is just one of the many options on the local eatery’s menu.
The restaurant has several locations in Baton Rouge.
- 5454 Bluebonnet Blvd Suite H, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- 5605 Jones Creek Road Baton Rouge, LA 70817
- 13770 Old Hammond Hwy B, Baton Rouge, LA 70816
- 4949 North Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
2/ Chicken Shack
Coming in at a close second is Chicken Shack, which describes itself as “the oldest, continuously running business in Baton Rouge.” It’s known for serving homemade Southern-style friend chicken at a reasonable price.
The restaurant has multiple capital area locations and most of these are listed below.
- 413 N Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge, LA
- 3939 Pawtucket St, Baton Rouge, LA 70805
- 8372 Scotland Avenue Baton Rouge, LA 70807
- 2707 Highland Road Baton Rouge, LA 70802
3/ Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers
Known for it’s simple yet tasty menu, Raising Cane’s has been a favorite of Baton Rouge foodies since its first location opened just outside of the gates of LSU campus in 1996. Since then, the eatery has expanded and become popular in communities the world over.
Most of the Baton Rouge locations are listed below.
- 10020 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- 3422 Drusilla Ln, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- 6588 Siegen Ln, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- 6401 Bluebonnet Blvd FC6, Baton Rouge, LA 70836
- 202 W Lee Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- 3313 Highland Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- 5020 Government St, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- 2525 S Sherwood Forest Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70816
- 8899 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70815
- 5195 Plank Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70805
- 14929 Market St, Baton Rouge, LA 70817
- 10500 Sullivan Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70818
- 3259 LA-1, Port Allen, LA 70767
These are just some of the locations where fried chicken fans can find a delicious offering of one of their favorite foods.