BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a home located at 2634 68th Ave.
Firefighters arrived a little after 10 a.m. and found “smoke coming from the home,” according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
After entering the home firefighters “found a mattress smoldering in the bedroom.”
The mattress fire was extinguished and the home was aired out by firefighters.
It took firefighters around 30 minutes to put the fire out.
Seven total units, four pumpers and one ladder were used during this fire response.
An assessment after the fire found that “one bedroom received fire damage and one bedroom received heat and smoke damage,” according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
The home sustained $75,000 in damages.
No one was home at the time of the fire but three people were displaced because of the damage done to the home.
Investigators are still working to figure out what started the fire.
EMS, BRPD, Entergy and Red Cross all assisted the Baton Rouge Fire Department at the scene.