BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Thrill seekers in south Louisiana will soon be able to soar 60 feet above the Maurepas Swamp when they pay $89 to go on Zip NOLA’s swamp zipline course.
The course, located at 301 Peavine Road in LaPlace, opens this month and boasts five ziplines situated among cypress trees and above swamplands. It also includes two suspension bridges, a spiral tree staircase and more than 20,000 linear feet of zipline technology, according to spokesperson Morgan Badurak.
Local guides will be on site to teach zipliners about the area’s history and wildlife. Zip NOLA co-founder Tyler Richardson said the company’s vision is to merge the zipline thrill with an educational environment within the swamp.
“Nature can be our greatest classroom, and it was the love of the swamp and the need for
innovative ways to explore it that ultimately led to Zip NOLA becoming a reality,” Richardson said.
For more information about Zip NOLA or to stay updated about ticket availability, visit www.zipnola.com.
- Sunday Night: Humid days; Weekend rain
- Hundreds of unwanted Amazon deliveries arrive at one family’s home
- WATCH: Tigers react after postseason run ends in Knoxville
- MISS LOUISIANA COMPETITION WEEK 2021 kicked off this week.
- Record-high 47 percent in US believe abortion is ‘morally acceptable,’ poll finds