BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Companion Animal Alliance, a nonprofit shelter in Baton Rouge, announced that it will waive all adoption fees from Wednesday to Sunday due to overcrowding at the shelter.
Half way through the month of June, CAA has already taken in more than 500 animals, receiving around 30 to 50 new animals nearly every day, according to a Facebook post from the shelter.
In addition to the dozens of animals entering the shelter daily, there are many animals who have been in the shelter for weeks or months, pushing the shelter over capacity.
To inquire about adopting a pet, email email@example.com or call (225) 408-5360.
CAA is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and it is located at 2550 Gourrier Ave.
- BRPD to host National Night Out Against Crime on Tuesday
- What to watch Friday night, Saturday morning at the Tokyo Olympics
- Chapman, Canada Advance to Olympic Semifinals
- CATS requiring masks on buses, in facilities beginning Monday
- International Association of Fire Fighters issues statement on vaccine mandates