Thursday marks the 14th day of the third month, making it National Pi Day!
The date March 14th reads “3, 14” or “3, 1, 4” – the mathematical constant of Pi, which is 3.14.
It’s the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter.
According to nationaldaycalendar.com, the first major observance of pi day was in 1988 at the San Francisco Exploratorium.
These Baton Rouge establishments are offering deals on National Pi Day:
- Now back and better than ever before, Villa Italian Kitchen’s Pi Day celebration honors math’s biggest day of the year in the most delicious way possible! For the third year in a row, the favorite quick-service pizza brand will be celebrating March 14 by offering full-size Neapolitan Cheese Pizzas to guests for $3.14 at its more than 200 participating locations nationwide. Each Neapolitan Cheese Pizza from Villa Italian Kitchen is made with homemade dough prepared fresh daily, 100% whole milk mozzarella and sauce made from fresh California tomatoes, ensuring March 14 will be the most delicious day of the year.
- Rotolo’s Pizzeria is celebrating the day that brings math enthusiasts, pie lovers and pizza fanatics together – National Pi Day! The pizzeria will offer $3.14 single topping 8″ pizzas all day long on March 14, dine in only. If you are planning any roundups over this holiday, we would love to be included! Feel free to reach out for photos or any other information.
- Cicis Pizza: Individuals can purchase an adult buffet meal and drink at regular price and receive the second one for $3.14. You will need a coupon for this deal.
- Hungry Howie’s: Use the promo code PI19 online to get a medium one-topping pizza for $3.14 with the purchase of any bread.
- Bojangles: Get three sweet potato pies for $3.14.
- Whole Foods: Get $3.14 off any large pie from the bakery. Prime members get an additional 10% off. So basically, it is almost free.
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse: Get a mini one-topping pizza for $3.14 Thursday. You have to dine-in to take advantage of this deal. Learn more at www.bjsrestaurants.com/piday.
- Domino’s: This deal goes through April 28, Domino’s is giving Piece of the Pie Rewards members an easy way to earn points that can redeemed for a free Domino’s pizza – no matter what brand’s pizza they buy. You will need the latest version of Domino’s mobile app “to scan a pizza or an eligible image of a pizza.” You can learn more at www.pointsforpies.com.
- California Pizza Kitchen: Get a slice of Key Lime Pie for $3.14 on Thursday.
- Kroger: These pies are $3.14 for Pi Day including apple, cherry, peach and pumpkin pies.
- Starbucks: The coffee giant is having one of its Happy Hour events on Pi Day. Starting at 3 p.m. Thursday, shoppers can buy any grande or larger handcrafted espresso beverage or Frappuccino blended drink and get one free. “This deal has been loaded on Starbucks Rewards members accounts. Non-members can sign up for the offer by creating an account at Starbucks.com. You can either add a Starbucks gift card to the account or choose an instant digital card when setting up the account.”