(JESSOP’S JOURNEYS – ABC4 NEWS – SALT LAKE CITY, UT) Shoes. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors. How do you make them last longer? I asked an expert, Randy Parker , owner of Ray’s Shoe Repair for his top three tips to make shoes last longer.
TIP #1 – Don’t wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row.
TIP #2 – After you’ve worn a pair of shoes don’t just shove them in a box, let them breathe. If you have cowboy boots, Randy suggests putting them on their sides to help airflow.
TIP #3 – Shine your shoes regularly. Your Mom was right, things last longer if you clean them. Brush dirt off your shoes and then apply a thin coat of polish and brush them to a shine.
I admit, I take my shoes to Randy to get polished because he’s got the cool equipment – and we get to chat while he does his thing.
I strongly feel that “stories have power”. Chances are that if you are going through something, that someone else probably has as well. The shared experiences we humans have can help each other. That my friend makes the point that stories “help us understand each other.”
You don’t have to agree with everyone, but in my opinion, if people would take more time getting to knowing more about others and where they are coming from, we just might find out that we have more similarities than differences.
- WATCH: BRPROUD Midday for March 1st
- Newsfeed Now: Third COVID vaccine begins US rollout; 7-year-old opens lemonade stand to fund brain surgery
- BRPD investigating deadly shooting on Prescott Rd., ‘shooter released pending further investigation’
- District attorney in Louisiana under fire for transferring funds to nonprofit organization
- Audubon Zoo announces birth of critically endangered Sumatran orangutan