BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Several groups are working to collect toys to help children impacted by Hurricane Laura. The Salvation Army has set up drop off points in the Capitol City to drop off toys to help those children who had to evacuate Southwest Louisiana with very little.
Those in the community can call 225-355-4483 to schedule a drop off appointment for the Salvation Army. For donations to the Red Cross, go to the website, redcross.org or call 800-RED-CROSS. Monetary donations can also be made by Texting LAURA to 90000 to
make a donation.
13-year-old Hannah Zeigler, Miss Louisiana USA Ambassador Preteen 2020,
is also doing her part to give back.
She started a donation drive and plans to bring the toys and other donations to LaSalle Parish.
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- New Orleans Saints release updated injury report with 3 new names
- Tropical Storm Beta leaves mark in Delcambre
- Drew Brees is focused on team success, not his stats through two games
- Dr. Birx: ‘Louisiana made changes that saved people’s lives’