TANGIPAHOA, PARISH, (BRPROUD)- The Tangipahoa Parish School System (TPSS) has release its latest guidelines regarding COVID-19 for students and faculty returning to the classroom Jan. 10 in accordance the Louisiana Department of Health.
TPSS students must follow these protocols to ensure safety;
- If positive for Covid-19 must stay home for five days.
- If showing symptoms of COVID-19 they must stay home to prevent the spread of the virus.
- If exposed to someone who has COVID-19 stay home.
See more details on the TPSS Operational Guidelines here.
PROTECTIVE MEASURES IN SCHOOL SETTINGS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Implementing social and physical distancing strategies to the greatest extent possible.
- Use of face coverings on school campuses is highly recommended, but considered optional in classrooms and school buildings. However, face coverings are required on school buses according to a federal mandate.
- Washing hands and/or using hand sanitizer frequently throughout the day.
- Utilizing respiratory etiquette: Covering coughs and sneezes by using your elbow or a tissue and by avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Intensifying cleaning and disinfecting efforts to maintain healthy facilities.
- Using contact tracing in combination with isolation and quarantine.
- Refraining from holding indoor social gatherings (e.g., school dances, pep rallies, school assemblies).
- Getting vaccinated and boosted when eligible.
- Limiting any nonessential visitors, volunteers, and activities involving external groups or organizations as much as possible. Essential visitors are individuals who must enter schools or early learning centers in order to conduct visits in accordance with Louisiana law or policy. Essential visitors include, but are not limited to, individuals who:
- conduct CLASS or NIET observations; ○ observe teacher candidates; and
- provide essential supports and services including, but not limited to, early intervention education, special education services, or mental health consultations