HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) – A tractor-trailer carrying beer crashed on I-95 causing traffic delays and lane closures Wednesday morning.
Virginia State Police said the crash happened at 3:19 a.m. A trooper on scene said the driver was reaching for something while traveling in the left lane when he struck the guardrail and ran off the left side of the road.
The driver and a passenger were transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
According to the trooper on scene, the driver has been charged with failure to maintain proper control of his vehicle.
The center and left lanes were closed as crews clean up the spillage.
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s who would get $1,400 under the House relief plan
- Monarch butterflies down 26% in Mexico wintering grounds
- Jamal Khashoggi killing: Saudi crown prince approved operation to capture or kill journalist
- Former WBR Chamber of Commerce employee facing charges
- Gov. Edwards proposes $36B Louisiana budget, education increases