BAYOU L’OURSE , La. (BRPROUD) – A deputy with the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office initiated a stop after witnessing a traffic violation on Thursday.
That traffic stop led to the arrest of Armand Marquis Madison, 25, of Napoleonville.
The deputy questioned Madison who was the driver of the vehicle.
Further investigation found that Madison had an outstanding warrant.
The warrant was “for failure to appear in court,” according to the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office.
After the Napoleonville man was arrested, corrections officers performed a more thorough search of the suspect.
APSO said that during the “more intrusive search, correction officers seized a quantity of doses of Alprazolam (Xanax).”
The 25-year-old was charged with the crimes listed below:
- Possession of Alprazolam (Xanax)
- Taking Contraband to / from a Penal Institution
- Failure to Appear – Assumption Parish on 06-20-2022 on Charges of Operating Vehicles While Intoxicated
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Driving on Roadway Laned for Traffic
Madison remains behind bars in the Assumption Parish Detention Center and no bond has been set at this time.