ST. MARY PARISH, La. (KLFY) Chitimacha Tribal Police have arrested a man who they say was sitting inside a stolen Porsche with a loaded firearm in his lap, along with methamphetamine and cocaine.
According to Police Chief Hal Hutchinson, officers were conducting routine patrols when a suspicious vehicle was observed.
Hutchinson said when police approached the driver, they found in his possession the handgun and cocaine.
A further investigation revealed that the car, a 2016 Porche Caymen S, was stolen from Lafayette.
24-year-old Abraham Barriga Martinez of Lafayette was arrested on scene and charged with:
Possession of schedule II (Cocaine), possession of schedule II (Methamphetamine), possession of a firearm in the presence of CDS, possession of drug paraphernalia (2 counts), and illegal possession of stolen things (stolen car).
A passenger in the car, 36-year-old Crystal Renee Rubin of Lafayette, was charged with:
Possession of schedule II (Methamphetamine), possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and felony warrants from Acadia Parish for theft of a debit card and identity theft.
Both were processed at the Chitimacha Tribal Police Department and booked into the St. Mary Parish jail.
- 1 killed after Las Vegas-based bus rolls over near Grand Canyon, 44 transported to medical center
- LPSO investigating rash of nighttime burglaries at Le Triomphe
- Baylor added to 2021 LSU Baseball Schedule
- Friday Night: Cloudy and foggy tonight; Slightly drier for weekend
- More than 150 National Guard in Washington for inauguration test positive for coronavirus