ST. FRANCISVILLE, La. (BRPROUD) – Two members of the West Feliciana Parish Sheriff’s Office were called into action at the height of the storm.
The West Feliciana Parish Sheriff and a deputy are recovering after they were injured while on the job as Hurricane Delta powered through the area Friday night.
According to the sheriff’s office, Sheriff Brian Spillman was struck in the head by a falling tree as crews were preparing to leave the scene where one of his deputies was struck by a fallen tree a few hours earlier. Both were sent to the hospital with concussions and cuts and were discharged the next day.
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for tweet on Chauvin verdict
- 1 dead in officer-involved shooting in Ohio; Mayor identifies victim as young woman
- Kristin Smart’s body was once buried in yard of home owned by suspect’s dad: Court docs
- Crowley Police charge man with rape of 15-year-old girl
- Celebrations among protesters after Chauvin found guilty in death of George Floyd