SHREVEPORT, La (KTAL/KMSS) – U.S. Senator John Kennedy is preparing to go to Washington D.C. and tackle the rising costs of prescription drugs.
The congressman and AARP held a round table discussion Thursday afternoon in Shreveport.
During that meeting they discussed the challenges surrounding prescription drug costs for local senior citizens, along with healthcare.
Kennedy says, “If you think it’s a good idea to have the federal government completely in charge of your health insurance, then I want you to close your eyes and imagine living in a world designed by the post office, cause that’s where you end up.”
Senator Kennedy told the group he introduced a number of bills challenging drug costs and they’ll be addressed when Congress returns from break.
- Southeastern forces four turnovers, Lions win River Bell Classic
- Tigers Clinch Series Against Kentucky, 8-6
- APSO asking for public’s help locating convicted felon
- K9 cadaver dog alerts “twice in the same area on the river,” search for missing LSU student to begin again on Sunday morning
- Trump in 2024? He says only that ‘a Republican’ will win