Unattended pot on stove causes home fire on Thursday night


BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a house fire a little before 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 30.

The home is located at 5562 Adams Ave.

One person was in the house at the time of the fire but thanks to the quick actions of firefighters, that individual was unharmed and did not lose the house.

BRFD says, “firefighters were able to control the fire before it spread.”

Six total units, three pumpers and one ladder were used to extinguish the fire in five minutes.

The structure sustained $17,000 in damages.

BRPD, EMS and Entergy assisted the Baton Rouge Fire Department at the scene.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories