NEW ORLEANS, La. (WDSU) — Unemployment claims have nearly tripled this month in Louisiana.
Records show new unemployment claims for the week ending Jan. 2 reached 22,472.
Records show new claims from the week before were 8,246.
The Louisiana Workforce commission said they are working around the clock to address people’s needs.
While they are asking people to stay patient people in need are nervous about feeding their families.
“It’s very frustrating,” Cody Guraggi said.
“I had to wait on the phone for three hours,” Taylor Woodruff said.
“I would say the team has done an incredible job,” LWC Secretary Ava Dejoi said.
LWC said they encourage Unemployment Insurance Claimants to Utilize HiRE Accounts.
- South Carolina man wanted after taking selfie with John C. Calhoun statue during Capitol riot
- ‘Rooting hard for you’: Will Oval Office departure notes end with Trump?
- 7 a.m. Traffic Update – January 18
- Terrebonne Parish Sheriff: 2 women shot to death
- March 20 election set to fill vacant Louisiana House seat