BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Victoria’s Toy Station in Baton Rouge.
“We went really big this year with our Christmas decorations” said Katie Shoriak. “People have bought and are decorating now earlier than we have ever seen”.
Days before the Thanksgiving holiday, the Christmas holiday season seems to already be in full swing.
“This year is like no other” Shoriak said. “We have been very lucky that, you know, customers have supported us and people know the importance of shopping small and shopping local for their go to items” she said.
While traditional toy stores have become a rare commodity over the years, Victoria’s is a Capital City staple after it’s 30+ year history along Government Street in Baton Rouge.
“We moved to Government Street 34 years ago and it’s been really fun to see the evolution” Shoriak said. “It’s become like a Magazine Street you know, it’s really active and exciting… it’s a really fun vibe going on and we’re happy to see it for Baton Rouge”.
While Christmas may look physically different this year because of the pandemic, there’s no changing the true spirit of the holiday.
“People are excited… people are ready for some fun, they’re ready to get their house ready, they’re ready to have a party with their family big or small” Shoriak said. “I think that people need some fun so they’re doing it at home”.
Victoria’s Toy Station is located at 5466 Government Street. To visit their website, click here.
- WATCH: Tamron Hall discusses the Purple Leash project and the relationship between domestic violence and pets
- Come see the sky or explore the water with your pet on Saturday
- National Women’s Health Week: Local doctor discusses ways to better your joint health
- Two developers now vying to redevelop former Six Flags site
- More than 4,000 still without power in Orleans Parish after possible tornado touches down