UPDATE, 7:32 p.m.: An explosion in the 400 block of Todd Ave injured four people Saturday during a crawfish boil, according to St. Landry Parish President Jessie Bellard.
The extent of their injuries are currently unknown, though the victims were airlifted to hospitals in Opelousas, Lafayette and Baton Rouge. One person had burns on 30%-40% of his or her body, according to Bellard. One person was suspected to have internal injuries.
Bellard said a propane tank was leaking in a shed on the property and ignited during the crawfish boil. The shed collapsed on one victim, who had to be cut out.
ORIGINAL POST: KROTZ SPRINGS, La. (KLFY) — Police in Krotz Springs confirmed reports of an explosion in a residential neighborhood on Todd Avenue.
Police say the explosion stemmed from a butane tank. No further information is being released at this time.
News 10 is sending a crew to the scene. We will update this post as more information becomes available.
- Morgan City man arrested for multiple drug and gun law violations during traffic stop
- 4 jailed after deputies find fake inspection stickers, license tags inside Shreveport hotel room
- Over 600 bodies found at Indigenous school in Canada, group says
- Rally calls on Dems to break filibuster, push through agenda
- Capital Area United Way to honor community members in annual Celebrate the Power of Women awards