BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – It was around 2:45 p.m. Sunday (August 14) when firefighters were called to a blaze in a residential area off North Sherwood Forest Drive, where they found a home with its attic in flames.

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department (BRFD), the vacant house was in the 10500 block of White Oak Drive and the cause of the fire was linked to an electrical malfunction in the attic.

BRFD says the home sustained $100,000 in damages that were caused by both fire and water, which resulted in a total loss.

Fortunately, no one was inside of the structure when the fire broke out and no emergency workers were hurt while responding to the incident.