BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A 26-year-old man who was shot on Monday, Jan. 4 in the 1400 block of North 23rd Street died from his gunshot injuries on Tuesday.
Autrell Bivens, 26, of Lulu Avenue, had been traveling northbound on North 23rd Street with a juvenile when an unidentified person–or people–started shooting at his vehicle, according to Baton Rouge Police Department spokesperson Sgt. L’Jean Mckneely Jr.
The juvenile suffered non-life threatening injuries, and Bivens was transported to a local hospital.
The motive remains unknown, according to Mckneely.
Anyone with information on the now-fatal shooting can call the Violent Crimes Unit at 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at 344-7867(STOP).
- One-third of freshwater fish face extinction, report says
- EBR Schools set make-up day in March for students
- Louisiana man arrested along interstate after allegedly trying to drive stolen ATV to Shreveport
- Marjorie Taylor Greene mocks congressional colleague’s transgender rights flag with sign
- Best Buy cut 5,000 jobs despite soaring sales during pandemic