HATTIESBURG, Miss. (CNN Newsource) — A charter bus carrying students from the University of Alabama caught fire while traveling in Mississippi.
Emergency responders quickly took action to control the fire in Moselle Sunday afternoon. Fire officials responded to the call of a charter bus fire on Sanford Road off of Interstate 59 around 2 p.m.
The bus was carrying students from the University of Alabama back to Tuscaloosa from New Orleans.
First responders said the bus driver ran over an object on the road, which caused the bus to catch fire. After the bus driver evacuated the students, the bus became engulfed in flames.
No injuries were reported.
The Moselle Fire Department worked the fire alongside the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
- State Police: Silver Alert issued for missing Cameron Parish man
- LSU falls in Game One vs Eastern Kentucky, 2-0
- Torina gets 500th win, Wickersham throws second career no-hitter in 12-0 LSU win
- Parade attendees brave winds during South Downs parade
- Mardi Gras weekend: How to stay safe at the parade