HATTIESBURG, Miss. (CNN Newsource) — A charter bus carrying students from the University of Alabama caught fire while traveling in Mississippi.
Emergency responders quickly took action to control the fire in Moselle Sunday afternoon. Fire officials responded to the call of a charter bus fire on Sanford Road off of Interstate 59 around 2 p.m.
The bus was carrying students from the University of Alabama back to Tuscaloosa from New Orleans.
First responders said the bus driver ran over an object on the road, which caused the bus to catch fire. After the bus driver evacuated the students, the bus became engulfed in flames.
No injuries were reported.
The Moselle Fire Department worked the fire alongside the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
- WATCH: Nursing homes allow in-person visitations after nearly 6 months of isolation
- Deadline to fill out 2020 census is next week: Have you been counted?
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- CDC takes back guidance, says COVID-19 is not airborne
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans