LAKE CHARLES, La. ( CNN/WKRG ) — Hurricane strength winds damaged Lake Charles tower in Laura’s path as they swept across a parking lot and blew debris around.
The National Hurricane Center has determined that the center of Hurricane Laura came ashore just prior to 2:00 AM ET / 1:00 AM CT Thursday at Cameron, LA. Hurricane Laura roared ashore with maximum sustained winds at 150 mph and a minimum central pressure of just below 940 mb.
- Episcopal Rolls to 5-0 after 43-0 win over Dunham
- Parkview Baptist rolls past Baker 52-12
- Recruit of the Week: Live Oak DE Kyle Kitto
- Catholic High rolls McKinley on homecoming night
- Zachary routs Denham Springs