KEY LARGO, Fla. (NBC News) —A Florida man ended up with 16 stitches after being bitten by a nurse shark in Key Largo.
Andres Garcia was working on a dock in the water when the shark clamped down on his foot and wouldn’t let go.
Garcia eventually had to get out of the water, with the shark still attached to his foot and remove it with a hammer.
The shark held on for at least 15 minutes. Garcia received 16 stitches.
- Former NFL star Marshawn Lynch hands out 200 Thanksgiving turkeys in Hawaii
- Family in Louisiana shares hope after house was destroyed by a fire 4 days before Thanksgiving
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- NFL makes history with all-Black officiating crew for Monday Night Football
- 7 a.m. Traffic Update – November 24