CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE)- A quiet Friday evening on the golf course turned chaotic for several golfers and people who live along Carmel Country Club.
Witnesses say a woman plowed through the golf course, in and out of greens and bunkers before slamming into a pond where her car still sits.
Witnesses sent FOX 46 cell phone video of the driver out of control, racing down the south course at Carmel Country Club moments before crashing into a pond.
CMPD tells FOX 46 this happened just before 6:30 p.m. on Friday.
According to people who saw it happen, one of the stunned golfers jumped in to the water to pull the woman to safety. Medic came and took the woman to Atrium Health in Pineville.
No additional information on the woman’s condition or what caused the incident have been released at this time.
MORE FROM FOX 46 CHARLOTTE
- Website offering “dream job” paying $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days
- Biden begins nominating cabinet members as Trump continues to fight election results
- LSU Gymnastics moves to All-SEC schedule for 2021
- Mother hoping to make a C.H.A.N.G.E. as Baton Rouge violent crime rate increases
- Target Black Friday deals: Final week of discounts released