ABBEVILLE, La. (KLFY) A vigil was held Saturday in Abbeville for the man shot and killed by police during an exchange of gunfire on Wednesday.
According to State Police, a Vermilion Parish Sheriff’s deputy was attempting to serve a protective order on Dwight Brown when police say Brown opened fire striking a deputy, who then returned fire.
An early investigation revealed that Brown was facing felony gun charges.
His family says he was suffering from PTSD.
- Pete Richardson discusses second ever Bayou Classic outside New Orleans
- Woman arrested in connection to 15-year-old Quawan Charles’ death could be released from jail this week
- Rapper wanted by U.S. Marshal detained in St. Martin Parish
- Coach O says LSU NEEDS this Spring Game
- Department of Education questions on COVID relief fund allocation