TAMPA (WFLA/CNN) – What could make a night at the theater more endearing? How about seats filled with dogs?
It happened in Canada for a performance of “Billy Elliot: The Musical.”
The pups were treated to the outing as part of their training to become service dogs.
Sitting calmly in a theater with human handlers helps prepare them for what their new owners might need them to do.
It takes two years for the dogs to complete their training — which also includes trips to the zoo, subways, and crowded fairs.
The dogs don’t have to actually pay attention to the stage to pass — but some of them did, anyway!
The theater says the dogs are welcome to come back any time.
- New survey shows Louisiana hit hard by unemployment
- Rate of positivity key figure in testing for COVID-19
- Friday Evening: Excessive heat indices over the weekend; Stay hydrated
- Search underway after juvenile jumps into Amite River
- ‘Disasters don’t discriminate’: Health officials push to protect communities of color from COVID-19