NEW YORK, N.Y. (WIAT) — This is a time-lapse video of a snow squall blanketing Manhattan in New York City Wednesday.
Frigid weather and a wintry mix made for a hectic weather day across the Northeast.
It caused dangerous road conditions which lead to several crashes.
What is a snow squall? The National Weather Service described it as an “intense, short-lived burst of heavy snowfall that leads to a quick reduction in visibilities and is often accompanied by gusty winds.”
The impact of these sudden dustings can lead to slick conditions on the roadway and reduction in visibilities.
- Department of Corrections investigating inmate attack on two corrections officers at Elayn Hunt
- BREC announces reopening’s around Baton Rouge during Phase 3
- Kamara not focused on historic significance of MNF game vs. Raiders
- Local parent is on a mission to fundraise for student-athletes with Tacklin’ the Heat for Livingston Parish
- LSU class creates Tiger Stadium’s field replica