BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There have been 121 homicides in 2022, according to the East Baton Rouge Coroner’s Office.
National and local leaders gathered on Wednesday morning to talk about how to tackle these numbers.
The local leaders are delving into what is being called an East Baton Rouge Public Safety Partnership.
They are working on “an action plan to reduce gun violence, in partnership with law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, community workers and the Department of Justice,” according to the mayor’s office.
These local leaders attended Wednesday’s news conference:
- United States Attorney Ronald Gathe
- Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome
- District Attorney Hillar Moore
- Chief Murphy Paul
- EBR Sheriff’s Office Major Todd Morris
- BRPD Deputy Chief Neal Noel
- Assistant Chief Administrative Officer Courtney Scott
- Department of Justice Strategic Site Liaison Nola Joyce
The news conference took place on the 3rd floor of Baton Rouge Police Department Headquarters.